https://publishers.viglink.com/sign-up/LV_KOdxXii8

Thursday, June 21, 2007

"A Thousand Splendid Suns" Preview

For those of you who are like myself, and are behind with their book reading, I have a gem that needs really no preview/review to tell you it will be good. Originally titled "Dreaming in Titantic City", Khaled Hosseini has made another novel to follow-up his 2003 masterpiece "The Kite Runner" (which if you are a long-time reader, have known that I have taken much liking to that book, and that it was awe-inspiring. I even accredit it with inspiring me to write my second full-length novel.).
The book was released May 22, 2007, and has seemed to go underneath the radar for the last month or so. "A Thousand Splendid Suns" is about two Afghani women from two different areas/cultures in Afghanistan. Amazon.com has a full review, and synopsis of this novel. One of the women is from the city, the other from the country, and the book seems to follow a path of these two encountering two different worlds. I knnow not much of their personalities yet, nor of their history. I do not even know the names of these two women yet, but once I finish the book, I promise to have a full review. I will also be giving a special review of a Marquis De Sade novel entitled: "Philosophy in the Bedroom". Return soon for more updates, which shall be much more frequently than usual. I do plan to update at least three times a day with new information, and reviews, preview, and updates as the summer goes on. Please tell friends about the Malacast Editorial, the more support, the more frequent will be the posts. I appreciate the support, and thank you again for reading the Malacast Editorial.

Image from http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/05/29/arts/Book-Kaku.jpg. This book should be on everyone's wish list, and will amke the perfect summer read. Every year, I look for that summer book that needs to be read, and this year; I have found "A Thousand Splendid Suns". I highly recommend this book, along with "The Kite Runner" if you have not read that one either. Buy both books, and you will have your first half of the summer set. These books will keep you up longer than you want to be, and make you wake up earlier to get a few chapeters in before work. Do yourself a favor, and read Khaled Hosseini's works, they are modern classics, and beautiful prose, something that you only find once or twice in a generation.
Hosseini has found the elements of human power, and put the classics themes into the novel for our generation to read. Do yourself a favor, and pick up this man's work, I cannot vent how much these dramas can penetrate the heart, and inspire all of us to write like a laurette.

No comments: