https://publishers.viglink.com/sign-up/LV_KOdxXii8

Thursday, April 27, 2017

I Will Be on Hiatus Until Further Notice

Sadly, on April 17th of this year, barely a week ago, my mother passed away at the young age of 53. She had been suffering for a long time, and though she wouldn't want me to dislodge any personal information, I would just like to say that until further notice, I will not be posting to the Malacast Editorial for some time.  Hence the reason I also missed this month's short story post. 
     I will be taking some time to myself, as I've been dealing with these sad circumstances well, but I cannot for the life of me be in the right state to be doing work for the blog for at least a few weeks. I hope to be back before June, and if not, I'll be back surely before July.  So i would like to say that this post is dedicated to my mother; perhaps one of the strongest women to ever live, and by-far the strongest woman I ever knew. 

      My mother was born on Staten Island in 1963, she was the youngest of two siblings, she is survived by her brother, and of course myself. Sadly, both her parents had also passed, my grandmother very young at-or-around the same age, and my grandfather who passed away in his seventies. Ever since the beginning she was certified firecracker, never being complacent, always defiant, always shaking foundations. She was a beautiful woman who had several wretched diseases tear through her, but never tearing her down. Diabetes, perhaps the truest culprit of her terminal illnesses, had been a part of her life longer than most. She was one of the first of the growing epidemic of juvenile diabetes sufferers, having been diagnosed at the age of seventeen, and sadly, it was the plates from which her li began to slope. 
   Like many of us, she had struggled to control her weight, her depression, and her ailments caused by the growing disease. Adding fibromyalgia, and the issues of polycystic ovary disease, which makes it even a miracle I was even conceived,melt alone birth into this world with many of my own medical issues, but overcoming a great deal, most people would think her disease would come to define her...and sadly, towards the end it may have, what with kidney dialysis being perhaps the symbolic nail that closed her coffin, but she fought against Death for many, many years, holding back the wrath of that final hammering until her life would end. 
    She was a great woman, perhaps she hadn't done everything she ever hoped to, but wanting to be a parent was the one great dream she was lucky to see fulfilled, and though I was loved, she raised me right, not ever wanting more than I needed, and always being willing to give more than take. My mother had taught me to focus gently on the skill that made me immeasurable to others, and work on them until I not only loved them, but vied to be the greatest at such held skills, but to do so honorably. She had always wanted to have my room published, not because I was her son, she would scrutinize if me with harsher anything I've written, and give little admiration to what she loved, and that's because she knew I could always be better, as did I. 
     I don't air my grievances for my own benefit,mi do it for her, and I said I would write about the woman she was to me, and the person she was, because the two are truly different, as all sons and daughters measure their parents to a higher standard than society does. She had suffered for so long, it feels almost terrible to say that perhaps she is better off, but truths, especially absolute truths, are always treacherous in their harsh accuracy.  
       My mother 
       To put it bluntly, my mother was an enigma, she kept everything in, but not to bottle it up, just not to focus on the present moment. Instead, she gathered up those emotions and replaced them with love. In-the-end, she was loved more than despised, and even those who disliked her, had very little reason to do-so, for she had a heart big enough to fit the world, and all its imperfect fools. Especially this one typing now. I can never write enough words to define. Y mother, there aren't enough words, but she may not have shined brightest to the outside world, but to those closest, she was the brightest shining star we ever saw, and now the world is but pitch darkness in her absence. 

   I would like to thank you all who come here weekly, if-not daily to read this simple blogger site. For years I've been blogging to fulfill a lifelong dream of having my work read worldwide. Perhaps the Internet has given a many the same opportunity, and for years I have been more admirable to those continually read this blog than to even coming close to having written 400 blog posts. My mother would've been proud of me, especially the accomplishments with the issues I've grown up with, and we are all dealt a difficult hand in this world, no truer cliche could ever have such truth, but I am forever thankful to those who spend their days with me here on the blog. 
     I would just like to say that I will be writing in the future, and I hope when I'm ready, many of you will be there, though I know asking that is unfair to the integrity of my readers. I promise to up my game as best as possible, and I will bring the best I can to the future of the Malacast Editorial. Thank you all again. 

No comments: