https://publishers.viglink.com/sign-up/LV_KOdxXii8

Friday, January 12, 2007

Fourthiest Post YAY! What Apple has NOT taken over.....yet

This blog seems to gone further than what it was suppose to be at first, and has not really stuck to the theme of book reviews/previews, Sorry for that, I do honestly appologize, but given the current situation, most of my very, very few readers have not probably shown up to view my posts. I have yet to decide which book I was going to review next, I did promise a Helen of Troy Review, but that is not going to happen anytime soon, although being a Margaret George fan, I don't honestly believe it can be any worst than Mary, Called Magdalene, a great novel, but far from her best work. Her next novel is set three years from now, and is most likely going to be on Elizabeth I, probaly to round out the whole monarchy of Henry VIII's bloodline. Anyhow, this post however is going to continue on Apple, and their goat of surpassing Microsoft....which will never happen in my lifetime, children's lifetime, etc. Steve Jobs though, even before mass production has taken the Cellular Phone world by crusade, as he plans to annhilate the competiting smart phones. I did a very short, very specific post for my thirty-ninth post.....and it was shabby. Now , the thing that is of real intrest is what will Apple try to take over next?
That's an easy answer, if Apple wanted to dominate the market of electronics, they would have to reinvent the one market none of them have yet to touch...the bathroom. What? Am I making a farce on Apple's behalf? Well, perhaps not the most popular in America yet, although it really would make for an intersting showpiece.... "Smart" Toliets are perhaps the most unique creations out of Japan, and some have more powerful core technology than my now defuct iBook G4. I would love to see an electornic toilet with an ethernet connection, and somethign that could store a ton of music, audiobooks, etc. for those holiday seasons. Now seriously, I think that in a mature, honest opinion, the Apple toilet could be something amazing....it could revolutionize the way we do our duty, and turn the John Crapper, into the "Johnny Appleseed" Crapper. I would market this new creation "iFlush.....Apple reinvents the toilet" Sure i know I am poking fun a little, but isn't a sense of humor what this company was all about? Maybe make it a promo at the next MacWorld. Although this product would most likely be marketed to sme "special intrest" people looking a high priced, high tech gag for their friends....I would honestly say that one of these "smart" toilets is not so far-fetched and Idea....I mean they already exists! And the great thing about an "iFlush" would be that the only viruses it gets is from someone with an upset stomach, no one's hacking that bowl! Here's an idea of how it could look: Image from http://www.catalog.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/300x350/pn005870.jpg Editited with Adobe Photoshop. Apple Icon courtesy of http://www.svmarketeer.com/images/TinyApple.jpg

Okay, so it's not the best idea, but at least it is a start....I mean what Mac user would not want this? I certainly would! Okay, another field that Steve Jobs has yet to pursue is the videogame industry. This is due to the fact that there is no money for Apple to make in that Industry, which Ninetendo and Sony dominate in the market today. Plus, you would not want to compete with your partners at Nintendo, it would probably make bad blood with Disney as well. Apple would make the best system on the planet for gamers, and it is probably best for their intrests not to do so, since Microsoft lost money on the Xbox 360, but don't count Apple out yet, it is possible for them to get into the market, although I highly doubt they will want to in the future generations to come...perhaps ten years in the future? Maybe ten years from then? I think that it is impossible for them to really get into the gaming market. Personally, I think that a videogame system for them would be a plus, make it like the failed Phantom, where you download the video games rather than buy them in the stores...just make it so you can back them up by adding a DVD-ROM burner....well, probably Blu-Ray by then, or something else, but it would be awesome to see something along the lines of a console by Apple. This is what the Phantom looked like prior to being cancled in 2005: Image from http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40154000/jpg/_40154601_phantonm_c203.jpg. Something like this could really be a good idea from Apple, and I think that they WOULD bring the gaming industry up to par with the rest of the entertainment world. I mean, they have now revolutionized the way people buy music, movies, even games that can be played on the iPod! This also made people realize just how good Apple computers are, and now over fifty percent of what has been sold in the Apple Stores are going to FIRST TIME MAC USERS.....don't believe me? check out the Keynotes Quicktime from MacWorld in San Francisco video at www.apple.com/qicktime/mac.html.
To conclude this second part of the Apple phenomenon posts, I mainly want to say that Apple has a smart plan to take the cell phone industry over, and I have no doubts that they are truly years ahead of the competition, but due to lack of customers, and that Microsoft is the bigger Industry, they will not rule the whole market anytime soon, and I hope they do branch out and take over other industries of intrest via home entertainment

No comments: