https://publishers.viglink.com/sign-up/LV_KOdxXii8

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Editorial: End of the Year Post: Plus A Look Ahead



    December is here, and that means it's time for the end-of-the-year post. Normally I discuss the year in review, sort of the state of the blog itself, but all I will say on thwt is that this year has been great, thanks to those who have come to read the blog, and have continuously supported this project for well-over ten years. This year has seen some of the most progress in the blog's history, and with several hits almost every single day, I know now that if I were post daily, if not multiple times a day, I think that I would be going along much further and quicker in both growth and stability than I am today. 
    At the end of this post, I'll be listing some new ideas for 2017, a look ahead at what is to be expected from the blog. Even a formidable look into new options for the blog site, and regarding Short Story Weekly style posts. For now, here is the last post for 2016! 
     
       I've recently had déjà-vu. Like I've written this post before...probably because I have, and it unfortunately rely was deleted, or lost. It sucks, but I see it as a chance at reedemption to rewrite, and I think that I'll be able to get more explained and done in this second attempt. This year has been great for the blog, but it hasn't been as great as I could've hoped for...little was done to get it to grow as rapidity or to the numbers I've hoped for, to wheree it becomes popular enough that I could: 1) afford to drop the blogspot part, and make it my own "blog" 2) monetize it intelligently and have enough money so I could focus even greater on the blog. 3) just gaining enough popularity to get me further along now so I could become a success. 
     Still, this is looking to be one of the best years overall for the blog, and by happenstance, I'm expecting to repeat this year's rapid growth into even 2018. I can only imagine what is going to happen in 2017, but we are not there yet, we see still in the 2026 year, and for that, I've looked at what's left to say about the obscure year that allowed for a celebrity to become a president-elect. Regardless of the shocks, snd my displeasure in the circumstances I'm personally in now, this year was good with the success of Short Story Weekly, my coverage of E3, and the countless editorials. I've done well over a hundred posts this year, pot ably closer to two-hundred, but we are not through yet, and I'm certain to get this last post up, and more posting by next year. Still, I'm beginning to wonder why I'm. It breaking new ground. I don't get feedback, I don't get any critiques, and other than the obvious ones of spelling/grammar, and no excuses for not at least doing a run-through,  it therre is no enjoyment, no communications with my audience. 
     I've not heard from anyone on this blog site in forever, and being one of the longer-running blogs, I'm not even sure if it's evena featured blog, or how that happens, so ething tells me that I'll not grow, and I'll just have to quit. If quitting is what people want, I'll respect that decisions despite the wherewithal, to know that I'm never going to ever stop the fundamentals of writing. 
     Enough negativity though! This year was one if the best the blog has ever seen, and I'm looking forward with sincere optimism. This year broke ground in many things that I've attempted,such as Backwards Comparability, the review and preview of several games, and I've been able to write out some stuff that I really wanted, and I'm grateful to get it done. 
     Looking back,mi think I've done as much as I could while wtuck in my circumstances. I've busted my hump for this blog, being literally then only person writing this year, and I'm thinking that I've overwritten at times, underwritten at others. These blog posts are technically longer than what's expected of most other blogs, and I get that, the shortest blog posts are truly the exceptions rather than the rules. With few exclusions, most of these posts branch over five pages worth of writing. 
     I'm nearing the four-hundreth post, I think, and that means I'm looking forward to getting towards the supposed end of the blog itself, but I'm also looking forward to greater things. I'm still up for new passions. Writing is a passion for me, and blogging is my favorite hobby, but there comes a time when I have to reevaluate why I'm doing this whole thing. The successes and cailures I've had this year are apt to keep me writing regardless. I've wanted to publish further, with a virile fortitude that is a rabid,throbbing hard-on of demand to get my work out and about to a larger audience. So let's get to this last editorial until the new year!  
       
       For a long time, I never identified as anything more than an imbecilic ne'er-do-well. Lousing about with no direction, and those who have read the blog for a long time,mive been saying for a long time that this has been my most honest statement. I'm considered "undereducated", but really I'm overly educated on a multitude of useless things, but that makes me, indiscreetly, a great candidate for writing. Over the years I've stated on this blog that I'm not here to necessarily impress you with some wiles of subservient abilities, but I'm more here to write, entertain, and to increase my budding library of work. Still, I also wanted to give reviews, and be honest with them, mostly because I have a rather unique opinion at times. I also don't kiss ass, if I love a medium today, doesn't mean I won't raise hell about it tomorrow.  
    Despite my rhetoric, I've learned a great deal over the past year, hell; the past lifetime. Now that the holiday season is nigh, and the end of a great year is behind me. So now that December is here, January closer than one can even expect, it comes down to rediscovering the whole reason behind writing this blog. What do I do for the end of a blog that's a simple blogger blog? A humble blog that was around since the early days of blogger? I was incredibly young when I started this blog. I was still in high-school, and now that I've truly organized it into an active, relevant blog site, how do I end this year? 
     I figured I'd just aimply say thank you, sincerely. To everyone who reads this gblog, you're no stranger to my never-ending graciousness, but it is as sinceere as it is long-winded. I guess being the sort of person that has never really needed positive reinforcement, or someone to say "good job", I've been really thankful and the fact you keep coming back, and reading my work, it's truly an honor. So I want to dedicate this editorial to all of you, and say that everyone who reads this blog, from all over the world, they could go to millions, if-not billions of other sirs, and you take the time to stop by my microcosm, it is not enough to just say thanks, but to make it clear that All of you have pushed me to write more, and be better at this craft. So because all of you have supported me, I will continue to support writing short stories, but alas, writing each week...I simply cannot continue doing that, but allow me to explain! 
     I am a freelance writer, I don't just write for this blog,however it has lately been my main source for creative outlets. Grwnted, I've been read more than I've ever expected to be, and the short story weekly posts have been a far more crucial success, but I also have been forced to focus greatly on the weekly posts. So for now-on, short story posts will be monthly starting in February. This means all stories will be complete, and no more two-parters. I will be doing other posts weekly as well, editorials,reviews,previews, but I have other ideals coming very soon. Examples are: lists, although those aren't necessarily new to the blog, and I am planning on some interviews in the near-future.  Regardless, the future of the Malacast Editorial will be unique, maybe not better, but different with shades of the sameness you've come to know. 

Thank you for reading the Malacast Editorial, as always I thank all my readers for their tireless commitment to coming back to this blog on a constant basis, and an especially big thank you and welcome to all the new readers who have recently come to the site! I greatly appreciate your support. As promised, I'll be giving you a list of some new things that will be coming to the blog in 2017. 

      Firstly, I'm replacing Short Story Weekly with  Story of the Month-style posts. These stories will vary in length, but they will be more detailed, and better written than recent short stories. I'll also be writing posts called Outlier, which will be posts not necessarily found on the blog, so details, and topics will be outside the scheme of the posts,mbut they will be more than standard puff pieces. I will also be doing lists, one thwt will be showcased come January. Other lists will pop up on occasion, as I've done one on upcoming video games, I'll likely do other lists dedicated to media. 
      Other posts I will likely be bringing to the blog are: discussions on revisions, post NaNo news item, poetry and discussion, mostly on form, but these will be scarce. I'd also like to do some technology discussions, but Iikemall flooded markets, I will only do-so if I have a unique insight on it, and that in itself is extremely rare. If and when my internet isn't sporadic and quite frankly, non-existent, I will try to do some livestreaming. My brother and friend Edgar Holves and I were thinking of perhaps doing something with The EntroPhenom Show, but if we do, it will be via YouTube. The show has been in hiatus recently, and the only shows we've done are up on Spreaker.com. Still, we may go on and do more in the future, but time, and circumstances will tell. 
       With my third official win of NaNoWriMo in the bag, I've now been focusing on my tenth full-length novel. Being my tenth novel, I will begin writing it next year. I'll also be writing a sequel to my one novel, and revising. My last two NaNoWriMo wins. My goal is to have eleven novels completed by the end of 2017. My one novella: Satanism with a Side of Kimchi has been on the blog for quite some time now,mand I'm thinking it on my Facebook page. 
    My first novel that I've ever written, The Divine will be published this year, for better-or-worse. I'd much rather feature other books,mbut as I've always stated,you never forget your first, and this book was written when I was nineteen and still in school. It was a blatant disregard for the future, and clearly isn't measurable to my skills today, even with an abhorrent amount of editing. Still, I'm proud of it, and it lead into a sequel, which I quite honestly believe, excels beyond the first. Regardless of the first book's success,mi will share the second novel by the end of 2017, or beginning of 2018. 
   Finally, the ditorials will become more diverse, less of journal, and more an op-Ed piece,,like the ones I've done in thenpast,mbut will still be a whole other animal to the Outlier posts which will start early 2017.  The will be a lot to cover, as 2017 is looking to be a tech-savvy launch of New Media, and I'll be covering it closely, and see if it sticks,mor becomes a technological trend. Things like Augmented Feality, Virtual Reality, and the likes of new technology that is taking the world by storm. 

    Thank you for reading the Malacast Editorial, and have a wonderful holiday season. I can announce right now that three will be several new posts released come January! The first is going to be a brew d-new list. These will be a series of post simply entitled Agent's Lists. Then there will be a brand-new editorial, and an inverview. All this will start-off the New Year, and more to come. The first Short Story of the month posts will come about in late February, and begin a monthly story, which will in-turn carry on for as long as I come up with short stories. There will be no set time as of now, so I will continue ue to honor these stories until I no longer can write them. 
    Until January, thank you again for your constant support, and have a festive, wonderful holiday season, and Solendorous observances. 
    
      
     

No comments: