https://publishers.viglink.com/sign-up/LV_KOdxXii8

Friday, January 20, 2017

Resident Evil VII: Biohazard- First Impressions


                          
        


       We're just days away from joining the family, and the supposed hype is still thinly-veiled in its accuracy. I'm honestly looking forward to playing Resident Evil VII: Biohazard, mostly because it looks to be an unofficial revamping of the series, which was long-overdue. They are saying, and by they, I mean fans of the ser is who claim the game is going back to its original style of horror. Let's be realistic, the original games weren't really horror, more like the first Underworld film was horror. Yes, it had its scary parts, but in-reality, the series is nothing more than an action-adventure with zombies.
    This game, however, looks absolutely scary, and it is heavily influenced by one of the Ferreira, scarier games I've played in s long time: P.T., which would've redefined the genre. Well to the motivated go the spoils in this case. Know I snoozed, so they lost, and I think that Camcom has unofficially defeated Konami, as they're not even in the game. There was a huge backlash when P.T. Was let go, however, this new rendition of Resident Evil appears to be aimed at the fans with their wants and needs in-mind. 
     Hence, I preordered the game, and I'm looking forward to playing it, because I love horror, and there hasn't been yet a classic AAA title horror title on this generation. At first, I thought games like Everyone Has Gone to the Rapture, and We Happy Few were going to be the only type of horror noir we were going to have for this console cycle, take that statement as you will, but I'll sum it up by saying thank goodness we have a new, horror-style Resident Evil. 
     Naturally ill be bringing a full-on review for the game, as I've done with several others over the years, but I will also do s review of the Season Pass DLC with it, and perhaps the special Hard Mode that comes with the preorder, although I'm not sure if that will be disc-or downloadable content. Whatever the situation, I'll be sure to do w full-review when applicable. The game also comes with a plethora of extras if you get the special edition, and preorder: such as a film, I think it's Reaident Evil: Retribution, or one of those terrible films that are absolute shit. The first one was okay, and even that was garbage. Some people love those films...and that's fine, but for me, they're treacherous. 
      On the game itself: the look and feel is creepy, although many of those uses get are cliché in the manner. However, the creepy Baker Family being the same-old backwoods "cannibal"-like people are still rather intense, as they'll be hunting you down throughout s great-deal of the game. You'll also have to collect VHS tapes (VHS tapes for you kids, was the format film was recorded on, played on a VCR, or videocassette recorder.) 
    The story is likely to unfold with you trying to solve the mystery of what the hell is going on, and survive the creepy family before they murder you in a grueling way. The rest of the game plays unorthodox to most other Resident Evil titles. I've been playing Resident Evil since 1998, missing some titles, but playing most, and this series really needed a reboot. There's something special about this one, however, there's a great deal of painstaking love and affection put into the game that entails a great deal of work. In-truth, I've been holding onto the notion that this game may very well reinvigorate a dying genre of surviva horror. Indeed the genre has been shaping itself into diving forms, it's been changing into something else, but I'm hoping this will restart the franchise, or incite innovation to create a new horror franchise, which will freshen the stale medium. 
    The argument for this genre is that it pushes the limits of creativity, it enforces a melancholic feel that is both artistic and emotional, as though s third-person perspective is of s tragedy, which is essentially where horror stems. Resident Evil VII: Biohazard will come full circle, and if it isn't the tome to the finale of this controversial series, it is likely the origin point of s new series. I could site games like The Evil Within, met by mixed reviews, (but what game isn't?) as a true sequel/continuation of the series, and the game did look lovely in its sheer horror, and mixed well with the action-adventure, yet somehow I feel like Rsident Evil VII will be the quintessential game for the series. I wouldn't have preordered it if I felt that it would screw the fans. I wouldn't have bought the DLC either, and I so-far do not regret making that decision. 
     What will the point of the story be, and how will it tie into the rest of Resident Evil? Will it be only First-Person Perspective, or will we see a plethora of different perspectives? The game is developed for VR, so it seems that the rumors of third-person perspective will be null. If I had any concerns with what has been said/revealed, it would be that the game isn't going to be timed properly, meaning not enough time between settings,mic they change a great deal. I also feel the story will be rudimentary, meaning you will need to do more legwork than needed to in a great deal of the storyline. I feel it's lazy to have the story spread out through audio/video logs, rather than tell a cohesive plot. That could be the writer in-me, or someone that finds it lazy to throw little tidbits that mean absolutely nothing to thecurrent  circumstances in the game. 
      Regardless of how I personally feel, I believe that Resident Evil VII will be an enthusiastic endeavor for Capcom, who now has little-to-no serious competition in the way of this genre. The market will speak, and I believe that Capcom can now invest in w golden opportunity where Konami left a huge gaping hole, self-inflicted by not gauging the market properly. I believe in that old axiom: "if you snooze, you lose", and Konami has taken their death rest. Capcom will also be releasing another fighting game come mid-Spring in Marvel Versus Capcom Infinite, and that is too shaping up to be an intelligent move. The horror genre is slowly returning,mans the fighting genre is alive and well with eLeague competitions spanning outward from the FPS titles. 
     I could very well see 2017 being the launchpad for one of the greatest times in video game history. I'll put it this way: I was excited for E3 2016, I'm now counting down the days until E3 2017, and it cannot get here soon enough. Capcom was smart, and could have a good year, but I'm looking forward to Resident Evil VII being one of the few post-have Lindsay season games that will add quality to  the survival horror genre. On January 24th, like many of you, I'll be excited to play this game, and be welcomed to the family. 
 
   

No comments: